Crock Pot Smoked Beef Brisket

I have decided that I need to use my crock pot more. Aside from the fact that it produces a quicker/easier meal, most stuff that goes in there are whole, simple foods and are healthier for you.

I was inspired by the Smoked Beef Brisket recipe that I saw over at CrockPot365, but couldn't find mesquite wood chips (I guess because it's not summer anymore?), so I searched the internet for a Crock Pot Smoked Beef Brisket recipe that called for liquid smoke (which I nearly always have on hand) instead. Then, I found this recipe (also typed out below):

---
Ingredients:
3 to 4 pound beef brisket
1/4 cup liquid smoke
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Preparation:
Sprinkle brisket with liquid smoke and seasonings.

Wrap well in large piece of aluminum foil. Refrigerate overnight if desired.

Place wrapped brisket in slow cooker; cover and cook on low 9 to 12 hours (high 5 to 6 hours).

Serve brisket with juices.

Serves 8.
---


Mine was altered just a bit though (I know, it seems that I rarely can make a recipe as-is anymore!):
I did not refrigerate mine overnight with the smoke and spices.
The smallest beef brisket I could find was 4.5 pounds
I used celery seed instead of celery salt and granulated garlic, not garlic salt
I doubled the spice mixture (using 1 teaspoon of everything versus 1/2) just because it didn't look like enough for my huge piece of meat.
I had mine in the crock pot on low for 10.5 hours.

The Result:
YUMMY! It was very "smoky" flavored, EXTREMELY tender and SO simple! Hubby and I had it with a GF macaroni salad and I gobbled it up as-is. Hubby thought it was a bit bland/dry and wanted to put some BBQ sauce on it, but we were out, maybe next time.

Bonus: This meal it was pretty economical. My 4.5 pound brisket cost $18 and produced enough meat for at least 3 meals - dinner that night, lunch the next day and the next night we had it again in corn tortillas with salsa and guacamole, and I STILL had some left over!

 

0 comments:


Disclaimer

The opinions and thoughts expressed here are purely my own and are not coerced, swayed or influenced by a company, organization or other person. The information contained here is to the best of my knowledge at the date posted. I am NOT an expert and am NOT responsible for anything that you do with this information. Please do your own research, seek out professionals and read all ingredients yourself in order to ensure that the choices you make are right for your lifestyle.

Comments on this website may not represent the views of the blog owner and their claims, advice, etc. are the sole responsibility of their original writers, NOT the blog owner.

Search This Blog

National Soy-Free Food Examiner Articles

Silver Spring Gluten-Free Food Examiner Articles





Followers