Another Constant: Vegetarian Bush's Baked Beans



Before going GDSYWP-free, even before Weight Watchers, I have loved this product.

I've never understood why baked beans always have to have ham or bacon in them. Growing up in the South, it's like a requirement for beans of any type (green beans, baked beans, etc) to have some sort of pork product in them. Ick. I've never been a fan. I like my baked beans sans pork. Always have. (Sorry, that all came off a bit strong - no offense to those who DO like pork with their beans! hehe)

That's why I love Bush's Vegetarian Baked Beans. No pork, not too sweet and the beans aren't to mushy. Just right. Yum.

And, what I love even more, is that these are gluten and dairy free, as confirmed by their website, and even kosher!

Hubby and I eat these with hot dogs, hamburgers, steak, chicken ... everything!

No really, everything. I'll prove it. I eat them in the morning ... for breakfast ... with toast and over easy eggs. Yes, I do. Apparently, it's an Australian thing. I picked it up from my Australian Step-Dad ... boy is it GOOD! The richness of the runny egg yolk with the subtle sweetness of the baked beans with the crunch of the toast. Uh ... I'm drooling now. Anyway, you really have to try it. I know you think it's gross, but really, try it ... at least once. You'll be hooked!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know if Bush's Best Vegetarian Baked Beans are soy-free? They list "natural flavoring" in their ingredients. Just wondered. I tried to call the manufacturer but haven't been able to get through to them yet to be able to ask them this question. If you can find out and let us know, that would be extremely helpful! Thanks!

Clara Ogren said...

I believe them to be soy free. According to their website:

"Q. What ingredients make up the "natural flavoring" in Bush's Baked Bean products?
A. Although the exact make-up of our 'secret family recipe' is proprietary, the 'natural flavoring' does not contain any known allergens. For further questions, contact us or write to:

Bush Brothers & Company
Consumer Relations
P.O. Box 52330
Knoxville, TN 37950-2330 "

Being that soy is one of the Top 8 Allergens, I would assume that their claim that their "natural flavoring is free of known allergens" would include soy. Also, I can say that I eat that particular product on a regular basis (a few times a month) and have never had a reaction personally to that product.

So, I guess in short, no, I'm not positive, I haven't confirmed it with the company, and can't guarantee it, but I'm sure enough that it's safe to consume it myself.

I hope that helps.


Disclaimer

The opinions and thoughts expressed here are purely my own and are not coerced, swayed or influenced by a company, organization or other person. The information contained here is to the best of my knowledge at the date posted. I am NOT an expert and am NOT responsible for anything that you do with this information. Please do your own research, seek out professionals and read all ingredients yourself in order to ensure that the choices you make are right for your lifestyle.

Comments on this website may not represent the views of the blog owner and their claims, advice, etc. are the sole responsibility of their original writers, NOT the blog owner.

Search This Blog

National Soy-Free Food Examiner Articles

Silver Spring Gluten-Free Food Examiner Articles





Followers