Hummus

One of my favorite GDSYWP-free snacks is hummus and veggies! I chop up some carrots, English (seedless) cucumber and celery and dip into the hummus. If I have some GF bread or crackers (I'll talk about a type that I LOVE next!) on-hand, I'll dip those, too.

I originally found my recipe here, but as usual, I tweaked it a bit.

Hummus
Originally by Saad Fayed, Tweaked by Clara

Ingredients:
1 16 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
4 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons tahini
1 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil + extra
Paprika
Optional: Cumin, Coriander, Chili Powder

Directions:
Drain chickpeas, reserving some of the liquid from can.

Combine remaining ingredients in blender or food processor.

Add 1/4 cup of liquid from chickpeas.

Blend for 3-5 minutes on low until thoroughly mixed and smooth.

Place in serving bowl.

Create a shallow well in the center of the hummus and pour in some more olive oil, sprinkle paprika (and any other spices) all over.

Tips:
This recipe is highly adaptable. Add more of the chickpea juice if you like liquidier hummus, leave some out if you like thicker - add more/less lemon juice or garlic depending on your tastes. Also, experiment with different additions for lots of different flavors! After everything is good and creamy, I like to add in a small can of black olives (drained) and blend it just until they are all in tiny pieces. If I have roasted garlic on-hand, I replace the raw clove with an entire head of roasted garlic (SO good). I've also seen others throw in a roasted red pepper or cheese and even sesame seeds.

 

0 comments:


Disclaimer

The opinions and thoughts expressed here are purely my own and are not coerced, swayed or influenced by a company, organization or other person. The information contained here is to the best of my knowledge at the date posted. I am NOT an expert and am NOT responsible for anything that you do with this information. Please do your own research, seek out professionals and read all ingredients yourself in order to ensure that the choices you make are right for your lifestyle.

Comments on this website may not represent the views of the blog owner and their claims, advice, etc. are the sole responsibility of their original writers, NOT the blog owner.

Search This Blog

National Soy-Free Food Examiner Articles

Silver Spring Gluten-Free Food Examiner Articles





Followers