My New Favorite Milk


This is seriously my new favorite milk. It is the closest thing to cows milk that I've had so far. And, I've tried SEVERAL brands of rice milk, almond milk and even oat milk (which, by the way, is NOT labeled gluten free ... so decide for yourself if it is worth trying). Out of all of the ones I've had so far, this is better by leaps and bounds! It is SO creamy, it has a nice neutral flavor and has so far, worked well in everything I've tried it in.

As if that wasn't enough, Living Harvest labels it as Gluten, Dairy, Soy, Nut, Trans-fat, GMO and Cholestrol free. It's even Kosher and Vegan! But wait, there's more! If you order now ... wait, uh ... I mean, it's also high in protein, Omega 3s and 6s and calcium. Yes, for us dairy-free people, that elusive calcium. 1 cup of Living Harvest brand Vanilla Hemp Milk has 40% of our daily value of calcium. 1 cup of cows milk (depending on the type - whole, 2%, skim, etc), has between 25%-35% ... hemp milk wins out! Oh, and that Vitamin D that everyone says has to be with the calcium in order for us to absorb and use the calcium properly, well cows milk has between 20% and 25% of the daily value, and Living Harvest brand Vanilla Hemp Milk is right in there - with 20%.

So, to me, Hemp Milk is now my new milk of choice. It tastes great and compares to or exceeds all the nutrients/vitamins of cows milk!


Oh, and one final note. When I've talked to people about Hemp Milk, they always ask me if they could get high off of it or if it's a version of marijuana or something like that. Um, NO! Come on people, what kind of person do you take me for? I have never done drugs of any kind and don't intend to start! Wikipedia gives a nice description of the difference between hemp seeds for consumption and the illegal drug marijuana in their article found here.

And, directly from Living Harvests website:
"... While Hemp and marijuana are both varieties of cannabis sativa L, hemp is grown for food and fiber, and contains only trace amounts of THC (delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol), the psycho-active component of marijuana ..."

So, what are you waiting for? Give Hemp milk a try (oh, and of course report back and let me know what you think)! :D

 

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is also a new version of this that is unsweetened and works really well as an ingredient in recipes. The regular version works well too but can add a sweetness factor. You are right ... this stuff is amazing!


Disclaimer

The opinions and thoughts expressed here are purely my own and are not coerced, swayed or influenced by a company, organization or other person. The information contained here is to the best of my knowledge at the date posted. I am NOT an expert and am NOT responsible for anything that you do with this information. Please do your own research, seek out professionals and read all ingredients yourself in order to ensure that the choices you make are right for your lifestyle.

Comments on this website may not represent the views of the blog owner and their claims, advice, etc. are the sole responsibility of their original writers, NOT the blog owner.

Search This Blog

National Soy-Free Food Examiner Articles

Silver Spring Gluten-Free Food Examiner Articles





Followers