Almond Torte

Okay, I can't stop with the desserts! What can I say?

Seriously though, when I first went GDSYWP-free, I didn't eat a lot of desserts. I had tried a couple that just tasted awful. I didn't know where to find good ones and certainly didn't know how to make good ones. Seven months in now, I think I'm finally learning.

Ya know how yesterday I said that I love to prove to people that GDSYWP-free foods can taste really good? Well, I think I may have one of the best examples of that right here.

Remember this post where I raved about the PBS cooking show, "Everyday Food?" Well, I have yet another recipe from there that I LOVE. It is also GDSYWP-free, no adjustments needed, all on it's own. It is an AMAZING dessert. You can find it on their website here, but I've also listed it below as they don't have a print version of the recipe.

-----

Almond Torte
from "Everyday Food"
Serves 8

Nonstick cooking spray
1 ¾ cups sliced blanched almonds
¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
4 large egg whites
¼ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon almond extract

1. Preheat oven to 325°. Cut a piece of wax or parchment paper to fit the bottom of an 8-inch round cake pan. Coat pan with nonstick spray, place prepared paper round in bottom of pan, and spray paper. Sprinkle evenly with ¼ cup almonds.

2. In a food processor, process remaining 1 ½ cups almonds with ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar until finely ground; set aside.

3. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat egg whites with salt until soft peaks form. Gradually add remaining 2 tablespoons of confectioners’ sugar and beat until stiff glossy peaks form. Beat in almond extract. In three additions, gently fold in ground almond mixture.

4. Evenly spread batter into prepared pan, tapping pan on counter to expel large air bubbles. Bake until golden brown and firm in center, 40 to 45 minutes; cool completely in pan. Invert onto serving plate, and remove wax or parchment paper.

-----

 

0 comments:


Disclaimer

The opinions and thoughts expressed here are purely my own and are not coerced, swayed or influenced by a company, organization or other person. The information contained here is to the best of my knowledge at the date posted. I am NOT an expert and am NOT responsible for anything that you do with this information. Please do your own research, seek out professionals and read all ingredients yourself in order to ensure that the choices you make are right for your lifestyle.

Comments on this website may not represent the views of the blog owner and their claims, advice, etc. are the sole responsibility of their original writers, NOT the blog owner.

Search This Blog

National Soy-Free Food Examiner Articles

Silver Spring Gluten-Free Food Examiner Articles





Followers