Claras Fruit & Nut Blondies

Hubby and I really enjoy these, and apparently so do other non-allergen people! I took a pan of these with me over to my Sister's once when she had some people over and the whole pan got gobbled up! I told everyone that this was my first time making this recipe and I wanted to know how the flavor, texture, etc. was. 7 non-allergen all agreed that they were very good. When I told them that they were GDSYWP-free and that there were prunes in there, everyone was surprised. My Sister, probably the most honest of the bunch (since she is my sister and all!), admitted that they didn't taste like blondies to her, but that they were really good. She said they just tasted like a yummy dessert, but not necessarily blondies. I've thought of adding white chocolate chips to give them a more blondies taste, but Hubby and I are not fans of white chocolate, so I'm not sure if I will try that ... don't want to ruin a good thing and all. I might try dark chocolate chips though ... hhhmmmm ...

Anyway, onto the part you've been waiting for:

-----
Clara's Fruit & Nut Blondies
12-16 Servings

Ingredients:
1 pkg Namaste Foods Blondies Mix (you'll need water, eggs and oil for this)
Nonstick cooking spray
1 teaspoon coconut extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
6 cherry-flavored prunes, roughly chopped (Remember this post?)
1 handful slivered almonds (sorry, I'm not that good at measuring. Put in whatever you're comfortable with)
1 handful shredded coconut (ditto)

Directions:
Mix all the ingredients for Namaste Foods Blondies Mix and preheat oven as directed.

Add all other ingredients, mixing just until all the ingredients are incorporated and distributed evenly.

Pour into your pan and bake as directed.

Stick a toothpick in the center to check for doneness.

Eat warm as-is, with your favorite type of ice cream, or wait until completely cool and sprinkle top with powdered sugar!
-----

If you do try this recipe, please leave me a comment and let me know what you think! Oh, and if you try it with the white chocolate chips, definitely let me know how it turns out! Maybe you'll give me the courage to try it!

 

0 comments:


Disclaimer

The opinions and thoughts expressed here are purely my own and are not coerced, swayed or influenced by a company, organization or other person. The information contained here is to the best of my knowledge at the date posted. I am NOT an expert and am NOT responsible for anything that you do with this information. Please do your own research, seek out professionals and read all ingredients yourself in order to ensure that the choices you make are right for your lifestyle.

Comments on this website may not represent the views of the blog owner and their claims, advice, etc. are the sole responsibility of their original writers, NOT the blog owner.

Search This Blog

National Soy-Free Food Examiner Articles

Silver Spring Gluten-Free Food Examiner Articles





Followers