Clara's Avocado Sesame Salad




Okay, so Hubby and I tried a new sushi restaurant the other day. We usually go to this one, but we decided to try this one to switch things up a bit!

I noticed an avocado salad on the menu. I love avocados, so I asked the lady what was in it. She said it had iceberg lettuce, avocado, sesame seeds, miso dressing and topped with tempura flakes. So, it was soy and wheat filled! :( I politely declined but thought, ooooo, that sounds super good and I bet I can make a safe version at home!

So, this is what I came up with:
----------
Clara's Avocado Sesame Salad

Ingredients:
3 romaine lettuce leaves
1/2 avocado, thinly sliced the long way and mediumly sliced the short way (hope that makes sense! Basically, you want bite size pieces)
1 slice of red onion (Cut vertically so you'll get several little skinny pieces, not a ring)
2-3 heavy sprinkles of toasted black sesame seeds
1 light sprinkle of toasted white sesame seeds
4-5 tsp of My Favorite Dressing
1/2 handful or so of Rice Chex (check to make sure it's GF)

Directions:
Roughly chop the lettuce leaves, place them on the plate

Place the avocado randomly on top of the lettuce

Spread the onion pieces around on top of the avocado and lettuce

Sprinkle both the sesame seeds on top

Drizzle on the dressing

Crush the Rice Chex in your hands and sprinkle over the whole salad
----------

Oh! So this is SO good! Really, very, super good! Try this ... TODAY!!! I mean, not only is it amazingly good, but avocados are so good for you!

The black sesame seeds really give the salad a deep flavor that is also a bit nutty, the dressing lends that vinegary/sour flavor, the avocado is creamy and also a bit nutty and then the lettuce, sesame seeds and Rice Chex give you that crunch! It's a flavor explosion and a textural sensation!

Oh my!! Yum yum! And, completely GDSYWP-free! :D Life is good.

Enjoy!

 

2 comments:

Carrie said...

THIS is seriously the best salad ever!! Wow!! I cannot tell you how satisfying and delicious it is! EVERYONE needs to try this salad! As a matter of fact, I brought it for lunch today! ;-)

Terina Dee said...

Okay, I'm going to add this to my food to do list! Thanks for the insight into living happily, tolerantly! Terina


Disclaimer

The opinions and thoughts expressed here are purely my own and are not coerced, swayed or influenced by a company, organization or other person. The information contained here is to the best of my knowledge at the date posted. I am NOT an expert and am NOT responsible for anything that you do with this information. Please do your own research, seek out professionals and read all ingredients yourself in order to ensure that the choices you make are right for your lifestyle.

Comments on this website may not represent the views of the blog owner and their claims, advice, etc. are the sole responsibility of their original writers, NOT the blog owner.

Search This Blog

National Soy-Free Food Examiner Articles

Silver Spring Gluten-Free Food Examiner Articles





Followers