Pantry Meals

So, after the recent post on Bulk Meals, I started thinking about how much I love Pantry Meals, as in dishes that are be made from items that can be kept in your pantry. I love them for several reasons:
1) I am able to keep ingredients on hand for however long and use them whenever I need to whip up a quick meal!
2) They're also economical! I also like being able to stock up on canned goods when they're on sale and know that I can use them in the future. Our pantry foods, and pantry meals, have saved our budget lots of times in the past!
3) They're easy to double or triple for when you have surprise guests, or to just make bulk meals!

So, I thought I'd share my favorite Pantry Meals - you'll notice several of them are also on the Bulk Meals list, sorry for the cross-over, but I wanted to point out how the two really intermingle! Anyway, as usual, this list is by no means complete, and I'm sure to update it from time-to-time. When I do, I'll be sure to put an "updated" date on it so you'll always know how recent it is.

Carries Creamy Clam Chowder
Curry
Pantry Casserole -- no recipe - I just throw whatever veggies/beans that I have in the pantry into a casserole dish with whatever meat I have on hand, add some canned soup (or not!) whatever spices look good and cook!
Seafood Pasta
Shepards Pie - this does require some ground meat, but other than that, it's pantry! I make mine with ground beef, cooked and drained canned (drained) corn, carrots, green beans, all mixed together with either tomato soup or beef broth, pour into a casserole dish and mix up, top with instant mashed potatoes and bake until meat mixture is boiling and the potatoes start to brown.
Spanish Rice
Tuna Salad -- I know there are lots of recipes for this, mine is just a mixture of diced onions, diced celery (including the leafy tops), mayo, yellow, mustard, Old Bay spice and dill relish.
Chili
Spaghetti - brown rice pasta, a jar of spaghetti sauce and a can of beans - all things easily kept in the pantry! Of course, if you have some ground turkey/beef/chicken or some sausage in the fridge to add, that's even better! :D


Enjoy!

 

0 comments:


Disclaimer

The opinions and thoughts expressed here are purely my own and are not coerced, swayed or influenced by a company, organization or other person. The information contained here is to the best of my knowledge at the date posted. I am NOT an expert and am NOT responsible for anything that you do with this information. Please do your own research, seek out professionals and read all ingredients yourself in order to ensure that the choices you make are right for your lifestyle.

Comments on this website may not represent the views of the blog owner and their claims, advice, etc. are the sole responsibility of their original writers, NOT the blog owner.

Search This Blog

National Soy-Free Food Examiner Articles

Silver Spring Gluten-Free Food Examiner Articles





Followers