Liz Lovely's Ginger Molasses Cookie


When I saw this at my local Roots Market, I thought, cool! GDSYWP-free! Then, I gave the package a little squeeze (I know I shouldn't do that - ssshhhh, don't tell!) and was shocked when the cookie actually gave! No rock hardness! Wow! I looked at the flavors: Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Fudge and Ginger Molasses. I figured I could make a kick-ass chocolate chip oatmeal myself and a yummy chocolate cake, but what I hadn't had in a year is a good molasses cookie - which are one of my favorites! So, I decided to give the Ginger Molasses a try.

Seriously, I can't say enough good things about this cookie. Yummy, Yummy in my Tummy! Seriously, this might be the BEST GDSYWP-free pre-made, packaged and bought that I have ever had! YUM-O The only bad thing I can say is that there was WAY too much ginger on there for me - I picked off all the large pieces that I could and it was still too spicy for me. But then, take into consideration that I'm not a big ginger fan and therefore don't eat it much. But, the texture was PERFECT - soft, not crumbly and moist. The flavor was good, I'd prefer more molasses and less ginger, but it wasn't off-putting or anything like that. Seriously, a GOOD cookie.

The other thing is they are kind of expensive. I paid nearly $4.00 for 2 large cookies - but they were decently sized (a bit larger than my palm and about 1/2 an inch thick) - and had high quality ingredients, so it isn't a terrible cost. I wouldn't get these for everyday or anything, but for a treat, or if I saw them when I was traveling or if I needed a grab-and-go kind of thing, these were GREAT. I think I need to try the other two flavors ... all in the name of reviewing them for this blog, whad'ya say? ;)

 

0 comments:


Disclaimer

The opinions and thoughts expressed here are purely my own and are not coerced, swayed or influenced by a company, organization or other person. The information contained here is to the best of my knowledge at the date posted. I am NOT an expert and am NOT responsible for anything that you do with this information. Please do your own research, seek out professionals and read all ingredients yourself in order to ensure that the choices you make are right for your lifestyle.

Comments on this website may not represent the views of the blog owner and their claims, advice, etc. are the sole responsibility of their original writers, NOT the blog owner.

Search This Blog

National Soy-Free Food Examiner Articles

Silver Spring Gluten-Free Food Examiner Articles





Followers