Vita-Mix Fridays: The Cheesy Imposter ... in the Vita-Mix!

Enough with the smoothies, right? Tired of reading about them on Fridays? Well, okay, I hear ya - and I've got just the kinda recipe that you're going to love!

When my sweet friend, Carrie, asked me to test a recipe for her, I was excited and on board immediately! I just love Carries recipes! She is a fab baker and chef. When she told me it was a CF/SF/YF cheese sauce, I got really excited! There are a few CF/SF cheese sauce packets or mac & cheeses out there - but they all have nutritional yeast in them! That doesn't cut it for this GDSYWP-free girl! But Carries, now that covers it all! :D

(Cute name, huh? And quite fitting, I think!)

After reading the recipe, I thought, hhhmmm, blend huh? Then heat in a pot? I bet the Vita-Mix can do it all at once! And sure enough, it did! Boy, do I love this thing! :)

Here's the recipe as I made it (stuff in bold is tweaked a bit):

Carries Cheesy Imposter
2/3 cup unsweetened hemp milk
4 tablespoons cooked chickpeas
1 heaping tablespoon tahini
3 tablespoons cashews
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon red wine vinegar
2 teaspoons olive oil
3/4 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon garlic granules
3/4 teaspoon tumeric
1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
scant 1 tablespoon diced pimiento peppers
1/4 teaspoon sea salt

Now, instead of following her directions, I put all of it into the Vita-Mix, slowly went from Variable 1-10, then to high and let it run for 3 minutes. Perfectly blended AND warm! Wonderful! I love it when the Vita-Mix makes life just that much easier! :)

I had some last night on some oven-roasted deli turkey and am having it today for lunch over a baked potato. But, I can see this recipe in so many different applications - over steamed broccoli, a dip for tortilla chips, and dare-I-even-think-it, on pizza! Yay! :D

You've GOT to try this recipe - especially if you are CF/SF and even more so if you're YF too! :D

Enjoy!

 

1 comments:

Carrie said...

I am so jealous of Mr. Vitamix!! lolol Your sauce looks really delicious!!


Disclaimer

The opinions and thoughts expressed here are purely my own and are not coerced, swayed or influenced by a company, organization or other person. The information contained here is to the best of my knowledge at the date posted. I am NOT an expert and am NOT responsible for anything that you do with this information. Please do your own research, seek out professionals and read all ingredients yourself in order to ensure that the choices you make are right for your lifestyle.

Comments on this website may not represent the views of the blog owner and their claims, advice, etc. are the sole responsibility of their original writers, NOT the blog owner.

Search This Blog

National Soy-Free Food Examiner Articles

Silver Spring Gluten-Free Food Examiner Articles





Followers