Practicing What You Preach


As I am a big proponent of "practicing what you preach," I thought that I should provide allergen-free candy for Halloween. I figure that if I want others to provide allergen-free options for me and others, then I should provide the same to trick-or-treaters.

So, I made my sign (please realize that I'm not an artist! LOL) which said "ALLERGEN-FREE Candy Available. Please Ask." To my dismay, no one asked. Though, I only had about 20 kids come by. Regardless, I think that this is something that I will do every year and maybe one day, some one will ask! ;)

 

3 comments:

Suzanne Moreton said...

I think that is such a great idea! We are a newbie to this allergy free world for my 20 month old son Colin. He is allergic to soy, peanuts, wheat and corn. I think I may join you next year and do this!

I would also like to say that your blog has helped me so much!!!! Thank you!

Clara Ogren said...

Suzanne,

I'm so glad to have helped you! That is absolutely my goal with this blog. Thank you so much for the great feedback! :)

Carol said...

I think your idea is super and I want to try it out next year too. I only give out allergy free candy and we had at least 100 trick or treaters this year.


Disclaimer

The opinions and thoughts expressed here are purely my own and are not coerced, swayed or influenced by a company, organization or other person. The information contained here is to the best of my knowledge at the date posted. I am NOT an expert and am NOT responsible for anything that you do with this information. Please do your own research, seek out professionals and read all ingredients yourself in order to ensure that the choices you make are right for your lifestyle.

Comments on this website may not represent the views of the blog owner and their claims, advice, etc. are the sole responsibility of their original writers, NOT the blog owner.

Search This Blog

National Soy-Free Food Examiner Articles

Silver Spring Gluten-Free Food Examiner Articles





Followers