My First Baking Creation: Pumpkin Soft Muffins

I'm going to share a little secret with you all today. Ready?

I don't enjoy baking.

Seriously. I only bake because what I can bake at home is both cheaper and MUCH more tasty than an baked goods that I can buy in the store. But do I enjoy it? Heck no. I am a cook at heart, not a baker. I like to mix different meats or veggies together or mix different spices in or use different techniques or adjust things on the fly, that kind of stuff. Things that can not be done with baking.

But, I've also come to the realization that baking will now forever be a part of my life, whether I like it or not. Thus far, I have stuck to following other peoples baking recipes perfectly - very little adjustments (maybe subbing one fruit puree for another or swapping out chocolate chips for raisins, that kind of thing - minor stuff) because I've been too much of a novice to attempt coming up with my own recipe. What ratios to use? What helps with rising? How much rise do I need? lol. I am still confused sometimes! Baking is so hard for me because once it goes in that pan, I can't adjust it anymore! Eek! So, I've been afraid. Until now! I figure, what the worst that can happen? I develop something yucky, toss it and it's over. Or, develop something yummy and delicious! So, a few days ago, I got brave! I decided to try coming up with my very own baking recipe. Here's what I came up with:

----------
Pumpkin Soft Muffins
from Clara, http://www.sixfoodintolerance.com
Makes 18 muffins

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups Ginger Lemon Girls Master Mix
3/4 cup coconut flour
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup unsweetened original flavored hemp milk
4 eggs
1 (15 ounce) can unseasoned pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup grapeseed oil
4-5 tsp turbinado sugar (optional)

Directions:
Combine all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl

In a separate, large bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients

Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, until well combined

Preheat the oven to 350°F

Take 2 12-muffin tins, line 18 with paper liners

Spray the inside of all the liners with 1 squirt of oil spray. Also spray the inside of a 1/4 cup measuring cup.

With the 1/4 measuring cup, take a heaping scoop of the mix, place into one of the muffin liners, continue until all are full.

Sprinkle some turbinado sugar on top of each muffin - about 1/4 tsp each. This gives the muffins a nice crunchy/crisp top.

Bake 30-35 minutes until done.
----------

If you decide to try these, please be sure to let me know what you think of them! I'd love to hear what you think!

 

3 comments:

Carrie said...

YUM!! Now I have to share my pumpkin muffins! lol.. if I can only find my recipe... lol great post! thanks for the link love!!

Tori said...

I haven't tried this as today is my first gf day... just gathering info, actually. But I thought you might like to add a link to ginger lemon girl where you have her master mix in your ingredients. Just a suggestion. I hope to try your recipe at some point, though!

Clara said...

Tori, Jessie, Ria, Kat, and Tea:
Very good point! I totally forgot to do that! Thank you.

Welcome to the GF lifestyle. Truly, with a bit of perseverance and dedication, it will all be worth it. The benefits of this diet far outweigh the struggles and I promise, with time it will become easier and easier and eventually, second nature. :)


Disclaimer

The opinions and thoughts expressed here are purely my own and are not coerced, swayed or influenced by a company, organization or other person. The information contained here is to the best of my knowledge at the date posted. I am NOT an expert and am NOT responsible for anything that you do with this information. Please do your own research, seek out professionals and read all ingredients yourself in order to ensure that the choices you make are right for your lifestyle.

Comments on this website may not represent the views of the blog owner and their claims, advice, etc. are the sole responsibility of their original writers, NOT the blog owner.

Search This Blog

National Soy-Free Food Examiner Articles

Silver Spring Gluten-Free Food Examiner Articles





Followers