My Favorite Salad Dressing

When I first when GDSYWP-free, I was looking high and low for a salad dressing that I could have. ALL of them had soybean oil in them or even wheat (for a thickener, I guess?). Urg. Later, I found plenty of options in my local specialty store but, until I found those, I made my own salad dressing. I had previously had a Cobb salad dressing that I had used a couple times, but not being able to have Cobb Salad, and because it's what I dol, I tweaked it a bit! This is now probably my favorite salad dressing.

It's a mixture of tangy/sweet and just a tad sour. The sesame seeds/oil do give it a bit of an Asian flair (or is it flare?), but it's not too Asian flavored. I usually make up a batch and just keep it in the fridge in a jar. It does tend to separate after a while, but I just shake it up and it's good to go!

-----

Clara’s Salad Dressing

Ingredients:
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
pinch of sugar
pinch of kosher salt
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon dry mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
1-2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil

Directions:
Combine all of the ingredients except the oils in a bowl and whisk together.

Whisk in the oils slowly.

This recipe is highly adaptable. Adjust it to your liking - you can add more/less vinegar for a tang/sour flavor, more/less sugar for a sweeter flavor. Also, toasted sesame oil added a stronger

-----

I just realized that I've never noticed how much this actually makes! Oops ... well, next time I make it, I'll pay attention. If you make it before I do, though, be sure to leave me a comment with approximately how much it made! Thanks!

I hope you enjoy this dressing as much as I do!

 

0 comments:


Disclaimer

The opinions and thoughts expressed here are purely my own and are not coerced, swayed or influenced by a company, organization or other person. The information contained here is to the best of my knowledge at the date posted. I am NOT an expert and am NOT responsible for anything that you do with this information. Please do your own research, seek out professionals and read all ingredients yourself in order to ensure that the choices you make are right for your lifestyle.

Comments on this website may not represent the views of the blog owner and their claims, advice, etc. are the sole responsibility of their original writers, NOT the blog owner.

Search This Blog

National Soy-Free Food Examiner Articles

Silver Spring Gluten-Free Food Examiner Articles





Followers